Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tiger, tiger, burning bright, in the middle of the night...

..beware! You'll set the bush alight.

Well, I have been busy skinning tigers of late - a risky business at best of times, and certainly not something to do while they are still live!






OK, not tigers, but Tigers! DH 82 Tiger Moth, to be exact. I just got this urge to do a new series and stumbled across the Warwick Carter Tiger Moth again.







The paintkit is, well, not the best (shall we say) but it has one endearing feature, and that is each part of the plane has it's own skin texture. (Except for just a couple of very simple items which are mirrored - undercarriage legs for instance).






So far so good! I have managed a handful of skins in the clean and pristine versions; that is to say: "Fresh out of the spray shop". Thing is, these are all paints of real world planes, and some of the research photos i have show some very dirty Tigers. Next on my list of things to do then, is to make some dirt layers to "Sex them down" a bit (if I may deliberately misquote a reason for going to war...)




I also found yet another new toy! A neat little addin to Photobucket, where I hide a lot of my screenshots. It's a slideshow tool. If anyone does ever read this, here's the link: Photobucket Slideshow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
Just noticed your BLOG on your reply. I read all your blogs, I noticed your not too happy with the Tiger moth. Have you got the Warwick Carter Moth? If not I suggest you try it. I was also not impressed with latest version , but it had the Canadian modle with the canopy, so it was not a total waste. Glad to hear your going tto be in a permenant place now. all the best in your new digs...Bill

One-Eye said...

Bill, hi! I missed this post of yours in the general clutter here...

Yep, I do have the Warwick Carter Moth - very nice indeed. Bags of paints for her on Avsim - well, I think I put five skins in the one download :)

What really gets my goat with the JF Tiger is the totally disorganised way they took the AH Tiger and SNAFU'd it. I would gladly bet a pound to a pinch, that the RW aviators who endorsed this didn't look at the paint realism - or the endorser was merely a clerk in the Tiger Moth Club.

Cynical old git that I am...