Sunday, February 25, 2007

And then there is a spate of entries

Well, a second one in just a few days that is :)

First of all: big surprise, my blog is read! I just noticed a comment and I also checked the stats counter...

But most important entry in the blog today is:

I HAVE FOUND THAT ELUSIVE YETI!!!


I can't remember exactly when I installed the Lukla scenery, but I have been up Kali Himal so many times I just can't remember. Today I thought I'd have another atempt and lo and behold, I departed Lukla in my EC 120, looped round to the south, headed east and then north. Flew past Kali Himal and did a right turn up a likely looking approach for the mountaineers and there he (?) was, right out in the open...









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse the trouble could call me the coordinates?
Are months that I am going mad to find it!
Thanks in advance.
Claud

One-Eye said...

Er... I'll think about it ;)

Actually, it's not that difficult. You need to be in the main valley just south of the map coordinates given in the Aerosoft hints and tips for this mission.

Anonymous said...

Still loking for the invisible Yeti. The coordinates are apparently the peak of Kali Himal. But if you are heading north and make a right turn after passing Kali Himal, you would be north of those coordinates. So it would not be south of the coordinates. Another thing that confuses me is, from all the pictures of the Yeti that I have seen, I see some trees. And at this altitude I haven't seen any trees. Anyway just going crazy, ha,ha. I'm not asking for the location, but would appreciate a hint or two. Since my son tells me that there is no Yeti, because they did that in a video game and thre was never a Yeti. Just to make kids go crazy. Than you, Mike Gotay, Long Island, New Yorl

One-Eye said...

Hi Mike,

The yetis are there - although I did only find you, but I am assured there is a second. Basically you need to look up the next valley over to the right from Lukla. It's somewhere above the treeline and it has been a long time since I flew there in FS9.

Pablo said...

I found the yeti too.

You must fly from Lukla to Syngboche, and then turn to the right (at the east) over a big valley.

You can see a big mountain at your right, called Ama Dablam (you can look for it in a map with the help of "St Google").

Continue towards ahead, and you can see in front of you a big lake. When you are over the lake, you must decelerate and descend, because the Yeti is over the snow, behind the lake, and exactly to the right of the mountain called "island peak".

Look for it. Really, THE YETI IS THERE.

Good luck in the search and enjoy it.

Pablo, from Spain.