Friday, February 17, 2012

2012 already?

Where did time go?

No excuses - just pain idleness. Oh, did I miss an 'L' there? If you think I did, sorry - it was deliberate. The pain in my wrist has made me idle.  But not that idle...

As your favourite EagleSkinner I am still in action, albeit in a 'not so busy' role. Towards the end of last year I modded my "Blades" repaint and gave the FSX Blades their four aircraft some individual tailoring. If you want to see them in action just look for them on Facebook:

The FSXBlades

Then I have also accepted another "paint job" - Scott from CareFlite liked my Bell 412 paint that I did with their paintscheme, so he asked if I would take their Agusta A109 livery and wrap it around an FSX model. Here's the real thing:


Here you can see some work in progress, only the stripes are proving to be "annoying" because I cannot spot a pattern that describes the line thicknesses with any sense - and, as is so common with flight simulator models, they are not true scale, merely modelled from fairly rough line drawings. This makes a truely accurate alignment of the diagonals somewhat difficult.


I still have a way to go in getting the proportions right. By the way - the red is wrong, I know. I have looked at their website and at many photos on airliners.net and the red is more orange. Actually I probably need the same orange I used for the heart on the 412...




No comments: