Saturday, August 16, 2014

Well, I missed the "Glorious Twelfth"...

...but I can get a bottle of grouse anytime. Although my preference is for Black Grouse as opposed to red.

Anyway! Enough of that and on to the blog. As you will see, I have extended the range of this here blog to include other things in my life. There is still only the one "EagleSkinner" but there are other things to blog about - and who cares if no one reads my tails.

First off for today's post is the fact that I have recently been building a King Tiger tank - the 1/16th scale kit sold by Trumpeter. Heavens! That kit has almost 2000 pieces to assemble and I have been at it for ages already and am nowhere near finishing.

Here in this first shot are just a few of the "swag" items I picked up at the modelling show that was held a few months ago in thePanzer Museum in Munster. There's all sorts of little items there: bolt croppers, hammers small and large, tool boxes, sleeping bag rolls, jerry cans and much more. All to be processed in due time.


I have also started to make some tank crew models.




This was after a couple of months (above) and still later (below


It turned out to be quite crowded inside that hull! Looking at the size of the figures in comparison, I imagine there were more tank crew injuries caused by banging around in that big tin can that many other types...



Even the turret must have been awfully tight when they had to heave those shells around. Then the noise and movement when the gunner fired! If you were fool enough to be standing behind that breech when the gun fired, you'd end up just a tad bit squidged!




These last two photos above are the most recent I have on the camera - but there's been progress since then - I'll keep you up to date in future posts.

No comments: