Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back to my Musings...

Enough of this frivolity I say! I came here to moan about painting sim-planes...

Anyways, I'd like to share some pictures, but I have used copyrighted photos as comparisons, so I can't publish. Still, when you are painting, it does help to have photos that you can open in a window over the FS one. That aside, I am going to let you in on my current paint project and share a few screenies with you.




In that first shot, you can see that I have overlaid a coloured grid pattern over the textures so that you can see where the textures should wrap. Here's another on the right. Notice how the lozenge shaped paint over the top of th eboom seems odd? Well, now that I have added a grid, I can correct that.

Why a grid? Why don't I use the wireframes? Well, you can use the wireframes as a guide, but often you find that the polys that the modeller has mapped are a tad too large in places, or the lines that he unwrapped from the 3D model are just too thick. But hey, don't blame the makers for this. It's just an inherent part of painting - if you want detail, you have to be fiddly...



Well, that's enough musing for now. It's time for a cuppa...

No comments: