oops - sorry there, got carried away as I just remembered a drill lesson oh so many years ago...
When you've got nasty paint schemes that wrap over half a doz different pieces spread over three UV sheets, you really have to get into the nitty gritty with those colour grids. In the case of the EC120 I have been playing with the way the pattern wraps over the tailboom. I have a multi-layered vector graphic drawing (11 layers with several dozen separate vector objects and jpg background images...)
All I have to do with these now is copy the black bits over, spray the points red, copy the white bits over... blah blah... all time consuming stuff. After all that it's make up a set of dds images and try them out. I'd like to think I can get it reasonably right in one go, but there'll be adjustments for sure...
You can look at this picture small here or doubleclick it for the full-sized one - which is only a quarter sized to save bandwidth. The vector drawing I am working with is 8000 by 2000 ish...
Anyone notice how the underside texture panel of the tail boom is lopsided? The makers mapped this model somewhat unevenly. Oh well - that's all part of being a painter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment